Friday, January 20, 2017 - 15:30
Kharagpur Angel Network Second Pitching Session
In collaboration with The Bengaluru Angels
Amidst the entrepreneurial rise, Entrepreneurship Cell of IIT Kharagpur has already ventured various activities, including the Entrepreneurship Awareness Drive (EAD), a pan-India initiative to spread entrepreneurship in 23 cities across India. Entrepreneurship Cell (E-Cell), IIT Kharagpur is a non-profit student organization, working under the aegis of Rajendra Mishra School of Engineering Entrepreneurship, IIT Kharagpur. With the motive of ‘promoting the start-up culture in campus and beyond. E-Cell, IIT Kharagpur conducts Guest Lectures, Case Studies, Knowledge Camps, Patent Workshops to incite the young minds to take up entrepreneurship. E-Cell also fosters networking among investors and unerring entrepreneurs.
IIT Kharagpur, a pioneer in kindling and nurturing entrepreneurs, now gazes at its students starting up and dominating the entrepreneurial ecosystem of India. However it is difficult for most early stage start-ups to scale up, build their prototype or avail resources due to lack of seed investment.
The Bengaluru Angels is an entrepreneurial eco system where startups germinate, grow and flourish .It is a platform for nurturing and fostering entrepreneurship where investors and startups explore, interact and build business relationships. It offers high quality mentoring and angel funding support to new generation of entrepreneurs who are building enterprise models based on disruptive innovation and confluence of cutting edge technology and sharp business acumen. The Bengaluru Angels works with investors across geographies .The startups are selected based on process driven due diligence.It builds corridors of linkages, business relationships and investments on the foundation of domain expertise, integrity, commitment and trust. It enables skilled entrepreneurs to collaborate with the smartest investors and angel investor networks by virtually supporting all aspects of the investment relationship, from initial pitch to successful exit.
In order to bridge this this funding gap, Entrepreneurship Cell has endeavoured an initiative entitled 'Kharagpur Angel Network', in association with ‘The Bengaluru Angels’,to connect the startup community of IIT Kharagpur with the alumni, investors and other institutional partners looking forward to fund their startups.
Start-ups from IIT Kharagpur are gaining recognition everywhere, with start-ups like Capillary Technologies, In Shorts, TVF, BlackBuckMoonfrog Labs, Runnr and MagicPin reaching heights of success, a proof of such IIT Kharagpur start-ups’ potential has already been presented. In the first edition of the Kharagpur Angel Network, start-ups like COEO Labs, Intugine Technologies, Ruly, Valmigo and Swagene were given an opportunity to present their ideas in front of well-known investors. This year, the 2nd edition of KAN will be witnessing some brilliant ideas of the students of IIT Kharagpur.
As a part of KAN, we will be organising a pitching session of the best start-ups from IIT Kharagpur, in collaboration with The Bengaluru Angels.
Venue: Cowrks, RMZ Ecoworld, Outer Ring Road, Ballandur Bengaluru Pin 560103
Time 3.30 pm to 7.30 pm
Date: Friday, 20th January, 2017.
The start-ups presenting pitch decks are -
- Peersome: Peersome is a platform to compare and book from all kinds of travel solutions provided on rent by vendors locally. At present they are an aggregator of Self-Drive Cars and Bike rental vendors.
- FaeBykes: Fae is the first ever e-bike share service for intra-city commute in India providing A to B connectivity by establishing a network of stations throughout the city.
- ZippyBots: Bringing the next age technology as a Plug-N-Play solution for businesses by building a Chatbot for your enterprise or small business in less than 10 minutes, without any coding.
- Swing: Swing is an online application that reduces the user's journey related confusion in product selection by aggregating them across the plethora of options available and listing out the optimum solution, both in terms of monetary benefit as well as user convenience.
- Bazaarfunda is the first consumer product of StratDecider analytics with the sole purpose of simplifying consumer purchase decision making. We extract millions of reviews and give recommendation based on the text analysis of reviews
- Intugine Technologies: Intugine is creating immersive ways of accessing devices and interacting with digital content on computers and smartphones.
- HealthKhoj: HealthKhoj is simplifying the way healthcare services are delivered and consumed. We are doing this by bringing different service providers in the patient care cycle together, which means that the people will be able to access everything they need through HealthKhoj.
- Voko: Voko is an online rental platform for affordable lifestyle goods, it provides accessibility of lifestyle goods over ownership, to professionals who keep relocating to new places frequently.
For more details about the initiative and session, please visit:
We look forward to your presence at the event. For any queries please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
The Bengaluru Angels Team
E Cell, IIT Kharagpur Team
1.Mr Nirmal K Bhardwaj, Founder/Ceo, The Bengaluru Angels, Resurgent, Regus, Embassy Tech Square, 1st floor, Tower Delta, Block B, Kadubeesanahalli Village, Varthur Hobli, East Taluk, Bangalore – 560103; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.thebengaluruangels.com Mob 9886078045 /9886011745
2. Mr. Aadish Jain, Senior Manager, Start-up and Alumni Relations
Entrepreneurship Cell, IIT Kharagpur. Contact: +91 7479255777 Email - email@example.com; Website: www.ecell-iitkgp.org